Mowing is my LEAST favorite chore. I almost hate it. When Justin and I bought this house, we were excited about the large backyard. A place for Anaya to play, maybe eventually get a swingset and possibly a pool or large trampoline. Now, the backyard is my enemy. It needs mowing once a week. It takes at least 45 minutes to mow...sometimes almost 2 hours! When we bought the house, we figured I would have to mow it for the last few weeks of the summer in 2005, and then by summer 2006, Justin's knee would be better and no more mowing for Jenni! Then summer of 2006 came and went and Justin's knee still wasn't better and I was still mowing. Now it is early summer 2007. Justin's knee still isn't better and I'm contemplating how much we can afford to spend to have someone else mow. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I would actually mow once a week instead of once every 2 weeks or so. It's April 28, and I just mowed the backyard, the last time (and only time so far this summer) I mowed the backyard was April 1. On April 1, I bagged all the grass. It took 11 bags! I mow the front yard about every week...mostly whenever my neighbor mows his grass and mine looks scraggly and bad.
If you enlarge the picture, that is of when I mowed on April 1. The grass today was taller than it is in that picture. I hate mowing.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
my least favorite chore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment