I really love when all the networks start announcing their new series for the coming year. I get to look forward to new shows and scratch my head and wonder about the sanity of television producers on other shows.
Things I'm Looking Forward To:
"Private Practice" features Dr. Addison Shepard, who leaves Seattle for work in Los Angeles. Starring TV actors Merrin Dungey, Tim Daly, Taye Diggs and Amy Brenneman.
"Women's Murder Club," based on James Patterson novels, is a drama about four women in San Francisco — a detective, district attorney, medical examiner and reporter — who work together to solve crimes. (I LOVE James Patterson, so I'll at least start off the season watching this.)
Things That Confuse Me:
"Cavemen," a comedy adapted from the Geico insurance commercials.
"Carpoolers," a comedy about four men from different backgrounds who get together each day for some male bonding on the drive to work. (I guess you save on set design when you're show takes place in a car?)
"Sam I Am," a comedy with Christina Applegate, about a woman who awakes from a coma with no memory, only to find out she was a creep before.
There are other shows that ABC has announced (11 total). I'm not particularly wanting to watch any of them, but they all make at least a little bit of sense in the world of television.
"Oprah's Big Give" - a reality series where contestants compete in philanthropy.
"Pushing Daisies" - a forensic fairy tale
"Dirty Sexy Money" - a prime-time soap opera about a wealthy New York family.
"Big Shots" - a drama about four hard-charging friends who are dysfunctional CEOs.
"Cashmere Mafia" - Sex in the City...again.
"Eli Stone" - a top lawyer in San Francisco who begins having visions because of a brain aneurysm.
"Miss/Guided" - a comedy about a former high school geek who returns to her alma mater as a guidance counselor, only to see an ex-cheerleader and former nemesis come back as an English teacher.
The original article.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
ABC Fall Television
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment