Saturday, May 19, 2007

Turkey Creek Festival

Today, Anaya & I went to the Turkey Creek Festival. I am sooo sunburnt. We put sunscreen on, but evidently, mine didn't last for 5 hours! Hers did though, so that is good. Plus I put on much lower SPF.

The festival was really fun. I probably could've been done after about 2 hours, but oh well. We got there around 10:30am. Sat on the side of Antioch until 11:00 (in full sunlight) waiting for the parade to start. Then we watched the parade (which was really quite lame). Then we went to into the park for the actual festival. We rode on a little train, ate lunch, went to the petting zoo, anaya rode a horse, looked at the craft booths, anaya bounced in the bounce thingies, got anaya's arm painted, made a sand filled bear, got a balloon flower, built a planter (sponsored by Home Depot), ate ice cream, and listened to a concert. And for each of the bounce thingies and the horse ride and the arm paint and the balloon flower, we stood in line for many many minutes. We seriously stood in line for more than 15 minutes for a balloon flower! And I think we waited closer to 30 minutes for the arm tattoo that is probably going to wash off in the shower.

But it was fun. And I'm sunburnt.

1 comment:

Cathy De Los Santos said...

it's all worth it in the end because the two of you had fun and spent time together ... even though the sun was being very mean to you :-)