So, I woke Justin up this morning and said, "It's 8:30, you need to get up soon, Anaya's swim lessons are at 9:50, you need to leave by 9:30 since it is the first day." I left for work, got here, was having some problems with things so didn't get around to calling him until 9:35 when he should have been gone. He didn't answer the home phone or his cell phone. Well, finally he calls me back at 9:42 (I know, finally is all of 7 minutes later). And he had pretty much JUST left the house. Because Anaya threw a hissy fit because I forgot to get her Miley Cyrus cd out of my car. And Justin decided to have a talk with her about that...prior to getting in the car. He just called me and they got there pretty close to on time.
Now, I agree with having a talk with her about the cd and how she shouldn't throw a hissy fit because I forgot to do something that we have on multiple occasions told her if she wants her cd out of the car, she needs to ask for it when we get back to the house as we are getting out of the car. Not just expect us to remember to grab her cd. But I had told her this morning that I would get it out, then with waking Justin up and getting Anaya's swim cover-up tied around her neck and getting my lunch ready, I was running late and didn't remember that it was in my car until I was half way to work.
The real reason I'm annoyed isn't because she's a little late for swim lessons. It's because anytime I ask him to do one little thing: empty the dishwasher, take the trash out, switch the laundry over, etc... He forgets. He doesn't do it. And then when I get home, after being at work all day, I have to do laundry, mess with the dishes, take the trash out (which at that point is overflowing). And then if I don't do those things, within a few days, he starts bitching about the house looking trashed. I'm so tired of working full time, doing house work, keeping the kiddo entertained, giving him my opinion on his latest painting, paying the bills, etc when he is home all day long and could at least get some of that stuff done. Now don't get me wrong, I love the kiddo and have no problem with hanging out with her, but sometimes it would be nice if he would take over for a little bit without (a) sending her off to play a video game, or (b) having her sit down in front of the TV.
A lot of the time he seems to think that he is the only one that wants to do something besides whatever the kiddo wants to do. Why does he think that just because he wants to paint every hour of every day means that he gets to? I took 2 days off work last week and had the 4th off and then Saturday & Sunday. So, 5 days that I was home all day. You wanna now how much time I spent doing stuff I wanted to do? Not much. I know I spent some time doing my own thing, or at least things without the kiddo. I won't necessarily say I was doing what I wanted to be doing since I also mowed the lawn, completely cleaned the kitchen, and did 5 loads of laundry. I did get to read quite a bit of my book. But a lot of that was done after Anaya was in bed or while she was out front playing since we don't like sending her out front alone. And I did get a little scrapping done because I went to the crop at the church, although I took Anaya with me and she scrapbooked and did a few other crafts. And I did go to JoAnn's with my mom for about 2.5 hours. So, yeah. That's the stuff I did "for me".
Monday, July 9, 2007
WHY?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Ugh, I would be so frustrated with that too! I hope it gets better!
Post a Comment