I know I do *a lot* of whining self-reflection. At least that's what I call it. Others might call it Self-Absorbed Whining. But it's my blog and that's what you're gonna get.
Church on Sunday got me thinking about this. Granted it is probably not what my Sunday School class was going for, but eh, such is life.
I'm 25 years old and have *never* truly felt like I've belonged anywhere. I'm not sure quite why this is. But I just have a really hard time making friends. And seeing as the commonality is me, I'm guessing that I'm the problem. I've been going to the same Sunday School class for over a year. I'm on the leadership team. I go to some of the outside of class activities, just kind of depends on what else is going on. I have never once spoken on the phone to anyone in my class. I have never done anything with anyone outside of class organized activities.
And this problem isn't just at church. I don't actually feel like I belong at work either and I've been here 3 yrs! I've tried to get involved in online communities thinking that maybe having the computer be a buffer for me would help, nope.
Okay, there is one place I feel like I belong...with my family. Although I've known them for 25 years so I'd hope that I belong there.
I want to change something. I want to be able to be part of a group of friends. But I don't know what I need to change for this to happen.
Monday, August 6, 2007
More Whiny Self-reflection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment