Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yes, I used COLD water.


So, on Tuesday night, I washed all of Anaya's new clothing that she got for her birthday. Including, the red shirt with white sleeves seen in the picture. Anaya had Cheerleading so I started the washer before practice, went to practice, made dinner, ate dinner, went to the laundry room to move washer stuff to the dryer.

Remember the white sleeves...attached to the red shirt... The white sleeves now had light red splotches all over them. As did another shirt (from the same store) that was a teal tank top attached to a white shirt. And so did another white shirt from a completely different store. Well, we already had to go to "Justice, just for girls!" to return her new Hannah Montana sweatshirt because it was a tad too small so we get in the car with the two wet shirts (because why should I dry them just to return them?) and the sweatshirt and head up to the store. They don't have EITHER of the shirts in her size anymore. So we spend much more time than I wanted to spend finding something else to get her. We did eventually settle on another long shirt thingy with leggings, a tank top and a new larger Hannah Montana sweatshirt. We checkout, I pay $7 because the new stuff was slightly more than the old stuff. We leave the store. We get home, I unload the bag and show Justin what we got and guess what?!?! The new larger Hannah Montana sweatshirt....it still has it's security tag on it so now I have to go BACK to "Justice, just for girls" to get it removed and convince them I really did not steal it. First I need to find my receipt...

Oh, and the whole time we were in the store this is what I heard...
"Mom, look at this high school musical [piece of crap]!"
"Can we get this FOOT LONG PEN! It has Hannah Montana on it!"
"Oh looky! They have cds! And dvds! And [crap]!"
"Candy? Can we get CANDY? They have it right here!"
"I want this dress! Or maybe this one? No, definitely that one! Wait, I hadn't seen *this one* yet!"

And that's right...I also had a headache this whole time. Fabulous.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, sounds like an adventure. Hope everything works out with the security issue.

Misty said...

hmmm... Don't think I've ever heard of that store. Good thing I don't have a 7/8 year old to buy for. Sounds like it is the place to shop though.