Last night, I intended to write a real post with interesting information and pictures for the parade and carnival this past weekend. Instead I cooked dinner, took Red to Target, played Addition Bingo, taught Red how to work her sewing machine (that was on clearance at Big Lots for $7.00!), and then Justin came home and Red went to bed and then I spent the rest of the evening (until 12:15am) fixing Justin's friend's computer.
See Justin's Friend...we'll call him "C"...bought a new computer on Saturday. After Justin put all the parts in his computer, C took his computer home to finish setting it up and hooking up all his MIDI stuff because he also bought a MIDI keyboard. But he couldn't get it figured out. In fact, he couldn't even get the computer on the internet. So Justin drove out there yesterday and got C and his computer and brought them both to our house. And then, C left and his computer was still at our house because Justin didn't get it to work either. So, after Red went to bed, Justin and I sat down with the computer and I made it mostly work. The difficulty is that C wants to hook this E-MU thingy up to it and then hook the MIDI keyboard up to the USB port on the computer and then use the Barracuda board he's got inside the computer to record music. Sounds like fun? not. The problem is, I have never ever done anything with hooking musical instruments to computers. And I'm not positive he has all the right software to do what he wants to do. And I would think he'd want to hook the keyboard to the E-MU. But he doesn't he wants to hook it to the computer using USB which should work but I can't get it to work because I know exactly nothing about this crap. And 11:30pm is not the time for me to be reading the technical information about it while listening to Justin play his guitar through the E-MU thingy. So, if anyone knows, let me know because I have a feeling the computer will still be waiting for me when I get home today.
And now my boss is here and asked me to research something that I barely understand. Yay for days when I feel like an idiot...
Friday, September 14, 2007
it's almost a real post...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Wish I could help you but I don't know anything when it comes to anything musical or audio with computers.
Post a Comment