Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Wednesday!

So, last night Red & I were reading a book before bedtime, "Sister Magic: The Trouble With Violet". And Mabel (the older sister) was making a list of the new clothing she wanted for school. One of the things on the list was "Days Of The Week Underwear". And Red says to me, "What's that?" And I'm trying to figure out what she means because SURELY she knows what DOTW Underwear is. Right? Nope. She has NEVER had DOTW underwear. Ever. She's 8! Seriously! So, guess what Red is getting for Christmas.

Also, it is sad that Red is expanding my vegetable horizons. I'll be honest, I do not like most vegetables. I like corn, peas, green beans, carrots, lettuce, tomato, raw cauliflower, raw broccoli, and cucumbers. But that's pretty much it. I'll occasionally choke down a pepper if it is on a pizza. Onion are okay in small pieces or fried. But really, I'm not a big fan of most vegetables. Last night, over a dinner consisting of cooked cheesy broccoli (ugh) and salad and rotini pasta and cheesy meatballs. Red asks if we can get spinach leaves. She likes them raw, but definitely not cooked. I can handle raw spinach, not something I go out of my way to find, but if some is on a salad that I order, I'll usually eat it. Oh, and she wants some banana peppers (yuck). So, now we have (raw) spinach but no banana peppers because it is not the right season for such things. Or at least that's my excuse.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

oh I so hate veggies too...ick! Thanks so much on the LO Compliment! You've been MIA from Myspace groups but now I see you've been blogging! So much to catch up on

Michelle said...

Lol, loved your story. I haven't heard of banana peppers. So cool that she wants to eat healthy stuff! Yay for DOTW underwear. I was thinking of those earlier today!