Friday, December 14, 2007

Shared Holidays

This is the time of year when step-families all just have issues. Who gets the kiddo when and what time will be trade and where will we trade and shouldn't I get more time than you and what happens if it snows and so on and so forth.

If it were up to me, I'd sit down with the other parent (and any step-parents) before Thanksgiving and figure out all of our schedules and work out an exact schedule of days and times and everything else. And maybe not specific times just morning, afternoon or evening. That way, when asked, "Oh will Red be able to come to ..." I can answer with a yes or no. Not an "I don' t know, we haven't worked those details out with her mom yet." Particularly since it is 5 days (counting today) until school is out. And I have between 3 and 8 vacation days that I can still use this year (because 5 can carry over so I need to use at least 3 but no more than 8). And I'd like to plan accordingly so that my days off correspond to days that we have Red. But the only day I'm sure we'll have Red is Christmas Day. Which I get off anyways.

And just because we would have this schedule doesn't mean we can't be flexible and if something comes up that we can't make adjustments here and there. But a general outline would be nice!

And I need to email in any days that I plan to take off to the powers that be today so that other work things can be planned accordingly.

So I have once again asked Nitzuj to talk to Red's mom and work out these details, otherwise I'm going to pick some days and if we don't have Red, well, oops.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I hope schedules get all worked out in time.