Wednesday, January 23, 2008

i fell on my butt and hurt my head

So, as I posted a few days ago, I fell down and hurt myself. Well, my head has hurt for almost 3 days now so Ruben and my mom thought maybe perhaps I should consult my doctor about this. So I call and leave a non-emergent message for the nurse that went something like, "Hi! I went roller skating on Sunday and fell down and landed on my butt and I've had a headache for 3 days now. But I didn't hit my head, it just has hurt ever since. Let me know if Dr. thinks I should come in. Thanks!"

About 9:15-ish I get a call back. My doctor wants to see me. Now. Okay, actually in an hour, but with the drive and everything that means leaving within 30 minutes. I go and I sit and I wait and eventually I see my doctor. And he feels my clavicle and decides I probably didn't break anything and that since I didn't hit my head (which I reassured him of 3 times) that I probably don't need a CT Scan, and do I want some drugs to help me sleep? Yes, yes I do.

All of this means that I wasted about 1 & 1/2 hours just so that I can continue to deal with it and be reassured that I didn't break anything (which I already knew). Except that if I still have my headache by next Monday I should call again. Because after I've had a headache for a week, a CT Scan might be necessary.

But I'll probably live.

Maybe.

Most likely.

No comments: