Tuesday, January 8, 2008

is two kids easier or just more crazy

Last night neighbor boy, who might need a pseudonym but SpaztasticHyperActiveBoy is a little long...ANYWAYS, he came over last night. His dad and older brother had something or another going on and needing someone (us) to watch him for about 3 hours. Having him over half way reaffirms my idea that two kids is easier...or at least less requiring of me...than just having Red. However, two of them make four times the mess of one. But it does mean that I don't have to entertain anyone because they have each other for that! Yay!

Anyways, he's a pretty good kid and we don't mind having him over. But we kind of have a way of doing things and due to Neighbor Boy being there we didn't get things done that needed to get done. For example - Red was supposed to read chapters 1 - 4 in Rip-Roaring Russell last night. Since Neighbor Boy was there until almost 9pm, we didn't get started reading until 9:10 which means when she was exhausted and went to bed at 9:50pm, she'd only read chapters 1 and 2. Also, Monday she gets her new spelling words and Monday night we (usually) have her try to spell them all so that we can figure out how much work needs to be done on them during the week.

I started working on my Sister-In-Law's scrapbook last night. And by started, I actually mean I sat at my computer and resized pictures. And found sketches to use. And went through my January through May and December pictures from 2007. I must order them though by Friday so that I can get them for 10 cents instead of 19 cents.

No comments: