The cute kitten (Reeses) came home from the vet yesterday. She is now fixed and without front claws. However, since she has stitches we can't risk the big girl (Callie) attacking her. So I slept upstairs in the master bedroom with Callie, and Justin slept downstairs with Reeses. Around 11:30 when Justin was moving his sleeping stuff downstairs, the boy cat (Percy) decided that he wanted in the bedroom with me and Callie. At midnight he wanted out. At 12:15am he wanted back in. I was up until 2am listening to Percy pawing at the door wanting in. I would not let him because if I let him in, he would've wanted right back out again. Finally at 2am he figured out that he would not be let in the master bedroom and he went away. And I finally got to sleep.
I slept until about 7:30 this morning at which point I heard Red in the kitchen getting a bowl of cereal. I figure that means I should probably go ahead and get up. I make it to the kitchen and haven't even started making coffee when Red asks me why she's always the first one up. I explain to her about the annoying-ness of the Percy last night and the lack of sleep and tell her that this really isn't a good morning to question the sleeping habits of us. Of course the real answer is that she goes to bed 2 to 3 hours before I do so it makes sense that she wakes up before me.
While the coffee is brewing, I start making the beef stew for dinner. I open the beef broth, pour it in the crockpot, get out the stew meat, dump it in the crockpot, splatter beef broth all over the kitchen, pour a second can of beef broth in the crockpot, wipe the beef broth off the floor, counters and cabinets and then I reach in the pantry for the diced tomatoes but there aren't any because Ruben used them all in the the chili earlier this week.
The coffee is finally done brewing and I'm dressed for the day and Red is ready for school. I pour my travel mug of coffee and the coffeepot leaks and dribbles all over the counter and floor and my slippers and some got on my jeans. But I choose not to run around finding a clean pair of jeans because these are dark and no one will notice anyways.
And that is just the beginning of my day.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
one morning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I think kids will always wake up before their parents ... at least until they are close to those teeanage years when all they want to do is sleep and not go to school etc etc lol.
lol, we have a chihuahua that insists on sleeping RIGHT BY MY BUTT all night long. Therefore, turning over always involves moving the dog(gently, wouldn't want her to wake up)Needless to say, I spend as much time awake at night as asleep. On top of that, my 16 yr old has to be at school at 7a.m., so I get up to take him. I'm always last awake, and first up. No wonder some days I feel positively haggish-is that a word? Keep on keepin' on, Jen- good times!
Post a Comment