Well, luckily I didn't get blown away last night.
On Thursday nights I have Bible study. I contemplated not going because we were under a Tornado watch. That just means that there's a storm coming that maybe could possibly produce Tornados but nothing has been seen or anything like that. So off to Bible study I went. About 30 minutes later on come the tornado sirens - which meant something had been spotted. And there I was in a 1st floor apartment with no basement, no tv, no internet and no cellphone because it kept going into roam mode. Luckily nothing serious happened, but we were all a little freaked out. I think there was a little hail and there was rain, but that was it.
Then I went home and got some stuff done. I went to bed around 11:30. We opened the windows in our bedroom before we went to bed so that we'd be able to hear if anything started happening since we were still under tornado watch (remember watch means nothing has happened, warning means something has happened).
I woke up at 1:30am. My alarm clock was blinking 12:30am so we lost power around 1am for a little bit. The wind was howling. I could hear the shingles slapping on the roof. A whole freaking ton of lighting. I'm fairly certain there was some hail there at some point too. I was just about to get out of bed to go check the weather when the wind picked up even more and our curtains were blowing every which way. It woke Ruben up and he told me to close the windows (duh). I closed our windows. Went down to the computer and had to turn it on since the power was out. While it was booting up I went to Red's room and shut here window.
According to WeatherUnderground we were under a severe thunderstorm warning and a tornado watch. Well, it sounded bad so I was sure it would turn into something else. So I got my blanket and told Ruben I would be staying up for a while - he was mostly back asleep already anyways. Then I went to the basement, move some furniture around to make room and laid down on the floor to watch Bryan Busby to tell me what was happening. I stayed up until about 2am when the storm was dying down and then I went to bed again.
And that's the end of severe thunderstorm adventure...for last night at least.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Tornados!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment