Friday, June 20, 2008

Saturday the last

So, this past Saturday, I decided that Red and I needed to have some fun. We hadn't done much fun stuff yet this summer (at least not compared to last summer) and it was time to start. Because I guess most of the festivals and such that I took her to were actually in May...and yeah...it's June. So guess we missed that.

However, there are other fun (and fairly cheap) things that we can do.

So on Saturday, we drove to downtown Kansas City and visited one of Red's favorite places - Crown Center.

She loves it because it has the fountains out front (and we bring her bathing suit and she can run around in them), they have fun kids exhibits, it seems like something special because we don't do it often.

I love it because they have FREE parking on the weekend, the kids exhibit is FREE, running through the fountain is FREE and they have tables around the fountain where you can eat a picnic lunch.

After visiting the exhibit and eating our picnic lunch, Red got to run around in the fountains for a little while. Although the girl that insists is it SOOO HOTTT when it is only 75 degrees outside suddenly decided it was cold today. Instead we went inside and Red browsed around the Crayola store (and bought overpriced fabric crayons) and then browsed the toy store. And then we went home.

And all it cost me...was the gas to drive there. Which admittedly isn't cheap. But is better than paying gas money AND money to do stuff.

No comments: