Wednesday, October 15, 2008

it'll be okay...

Deep breath. And relax.

Money is sucky. As I've said before. But thanks to a lovely cash back bonus plan from the credit card (that no one in this house but me knows about...shhh). And thanks to getting my expense check. And lowering our cable & insurance bills. I think we'll make it. At least for a little longer.

And I have a plan for how to pay for Christmas. Without going in debt and without killing ourselves. And the name of that plan is my Grandma's savings bond that she gave me back when I was a wee little child. Some of them are mature. And some of them might be cashed out in a month to pay for Christmas. In cash. So that in January - you know, when the baby is born - I'm not also stressing about money. At least no more than normal.

And next month probably won't be quite as nice as I think it'll be right now. Because there's also this thing called Car Tags that have to be paid for.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It WILL be ok, it's true. I'm sorry you're going through a tough financial time right now, though. It's always hard to face those times right before Christmas. It does sound like you have a pretty good handle on it, so I'm sure you'll make it work out just fine.