Thursday, July 19, 2007

Yesterday

I stayed home from work yesterday. I had planned to take the morning off, but then with Justin's Dr Appt starting late and lasting forever. Then having to pick him up at the dealership because his car needed to be looked at. And then having to take him to CVS to pick up his scripts from the pharmacy. It was better just to stay home the rest of the day.

Anaya had her swimming lesson *test* yesterday and today. She passed session #1. Which is good since she starts session #2 next week. I took her to swim lessons yesterday and took pictures of her with her class mates. They have her class in the 2'6" section of the pool. For *most* of the kids this means the water comes up to almost their chin when they are just standing in the water. For Anaya, the water hits about mid-chest. Because she's 7 (almost 8) and I think the next oldest kid was probably 6. And I think most of the kids were 5. But oh well, such is life. She can now float on both her front and back, and quasi-swim using arm and leg movements with her face in the water. After next week she should be able to swim for 15 ft(!), tread water and swim on her side. I can't wait. After seeing how she does with all that, we *might* let her start having supervised jumps into the deep end (5'6"). They don't actually do that in swim lessons until session #3, which she can't take until next summer. Unless they have swim lessons at the Jr Highs during the school year since they have indoor pools.

Anyway, then after swim lessons, we to my mom's pool for a while. And then I made my big mistake for the day. Actually going to the pool may have been the mistake. We went to the pool while waiting for Justin to get done at the doctor because after the doctor he was dropping his car off and we'd have to pick him up. I did not swim (I did not even wear my suit) because I was planning to go to work in the afternoon and didn't want to smell like pool. When Justin called, we should've gone home, had Anaya change, then head up to the dealership. Instead we went from pool to dealership (where Anaya & I sat in the car w/ a.c. on for 15 minutes at least and she argued at me about the age of dad's car, twice) to CVS (where we went in and anaya wore her swim coverup which I evidently tied too tight but instead of telling me nicely she starts whining and complaining and pulling on it and all that nonsense in the middle of the store which drove me up the wall and then i yelled at her and i was the mean mommy). If we had gone home and she had changed, none of it would've happened. And we wouldn't have sat in the car for 15 minutes because we would've gotten there after dad already gotten the car dropped off instead of getting there at the exact same time as dad. So yeah. I don't like being mean mom. Particularly not in the store. And I will be working on it. And I probably wouldn't have been mean mom, even with her attitude in the store, if we hadn't had to sit in the for 15 minutes with her arguing with me about how old dad's car was. Until I finally told her to either stop arguing about it or shut up. She shut up.

No comments: