K is one of Red's friends at church. Mr. N is the guy that helps with the Wednesday night church activities. He also happens to be an old co-worker of my mom's so I've known him for at least 10 years or so.
Red: You wanna know what K said tonight?
Me: What?
Red: She said that you have a crush on Mr. N.
Me: That's just silly, why would she say that?
Red: Because you were smiling at him while you were talking.
Me: ....
Red: So she kept saying you were in love with him.
Me: Don't you smile at your friends when you talk to them?
Red: yeah.
Me: Well, I've known Mr. N for a long time and so he and I are friends. So I smile at him when we talk.
Red: I know, but I still didn't like K saying that. And she wouldn't stop.
Me: Well, that happens sometimes.
Oh, and another favorite conversation:
Red: Mom, do you believe in Santa Claus?
Me: hmm... (in head: oh crap!)
Red: do you? You do, right?
Me: Well, I don't believe in an actual person name Santa Claus.
Red: You don't!
Me: I believe in the idea of Santa Claus...
Red: In the Santa Clause movies they say that when you grow up, you just stop believing. But that's never going to happen to me. I'll always believe in Santa Claus.
Me: That would be wonderful. (in head: whew, that when better than expected)
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Random bits of conversations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Is it bad that I still believe in Santa Claus? You tell her she better always believe in his magic!
Kristi cracks me up. I agree with her sentiment. I'm glad that conversation went better than expected.
Post a Comment