Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hazelnut coffee is my friend

Some people like mornings. Some people really love mornings and just get up and get going as soon as their alarm clocks beeps at them. Some people love mornings so much they don't even need an alarm clock to get up.

I'm not one of those people. Neither is anyone else in my house.

Today, I got up at 7:30am. My alarm started going off at 7am, but I love the snooze button a little too much.7:30 - get up, get Red up, make coffee, eat breakfast, help Red pick out some clothing, make Red's lunch, get dressed, get all of Red's stuff together, go get in the car to leave for school - 8:10am. Back out of the garage. Hear a scraping sound. Realize you have just scraped the front passenger wheel well on the side of the garage. Assume it didn't injure car so badly that you can't drive to school. Get Red to school. Drive home to get rest of my stuff together. Get out of car. Look at damage. Decide Ruben will not be happy because it is amazing how much damage a garage door frame can do to a car. - 8:30am - Wake up Ruben. While he is still mostly asleep tell him that I damaged my car on the side of the garage. Have him complain about how I couldn't wait for him to wake up first. Get my lunch together. Make Ruben a cup of coffee (first cup out of the pot I made earlier because I was too busy to actually drink the coffee I made!). Look at injured car with Ruben. Remind him that at least it wasn't his car. - 8:40 - Leave for work in damaged car. Run by bank to deposit check. Get to work. Make a cup of coffee and drink it (1st one of the day!). - 9:10.

No comments: