It's snowing. I hate snow. More this winter than any other because my car needs new tires. I've needed new tires since about November. Yeah, it's the end of January and no new tires in sight!
One of the guys in the warehouse asked me why I don't just go replace my tires. Well, my husband is on disability and not getting paid so where exactly am I going to find $800 for new tires? Well, where? I'd love to know!
Since I doubt a random stranger is going to give me $800 and I'm tired of borrowing money from my mom, I guess that means my car will not have new tires right now. And I'll just drive very slowly in the snow. And bitch about it some more. Because if nothing else it's amusing to listen to me whine about the snow. Particularly when people attempt to convince me that the snow is pretty.
Anyways, his response was, take it out of savings...well, duh...why didn't I think of that? Oh, I KNOW! Because I'm 25 and I'm an idiot and how many 25 year old idiots do you know that can just take $800 (+ tax) out of savings?!?! (This is not to say I don't have any savings, but not enough that I'm comfortable taking a large amount out without any means to replace it.)
Plus I'm holding out because I *KNOW* that within the next couple of months the tire places will all start doing the buy 3 tires get the 4th FREE deal again. They just know that if you're buying tires in the winter you need tires and they don't want to give you any breaks. Jerks.
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Today's Excuse: I'm 25 therefore I'm an idiot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment