Monday, March 31, 2008

exhausted

This weekend...it was something like the opposite of relaxing.

Red was supposed to go to her mom's on Friday night. But then they called and said something about picking her up on Saturday morning instead. Which is fine. I had plans to go to a skate party with my Sunday school class and since Red doesn't skate much and mostly likes to spend money in the small arcade I decided to go by myself. It was lots of fun until about the last 20 minutes where I fell on my hip, the palm of one hand and the opposite elbow. Now when I put any pressure on my palm is hurts. But I'll probably live.

Anyways, so Saturday morning comes...and we eat breakfast (Ruben even made me breakfast and they brought it to me in bed!). And then Red played on the computer. And then Red and I went to Payless and bought her two new pairs of shoes. And then we came home. And then Red played on the computer. And then I made Red some lunch and it was officially no longer Saturday morning. And then we played some board games. And then around 2pm we finally took Red out to meet her mom. Then Ruben and I went to NTB and finally got new tires on my car. And while they were putting tires on my car, my mom and I ran around and did some shopping. Then she took me back to NTB where I got to stand around for a good hour (or some long amount of time) waiting to see if the manager could figure out why I got the 90 days no interest deal instead of the 6 months no interest deal since I met the qualifications of the 6 month deal. Then I went to Olive Garden and picked up some dinner. And then home (it was probably at least 7pm) and ate. Then I played the Wii and went to bed.

On Sunday I missed first service. Showed up in time for Sunday School. Spent most of class working on getting everything together for REACH and doing attendance and responding to texts for Ruben. Because he was texting me about Red because he was going to go pick her up early, but then he wasn't, and then on my way home from church he called and he did need to go get her early and could I come with him. And why did we need to pick her up early? Because her mom's boyfriend walked out on them and she was flipping out about it. Which while that really does suck for her, she really ought to not flip out in front of her three kids. Then we hurried on over to my mom's house for lunch - even though we were 2 hours late she still fed us. Then we went home and Red started watching The Bee Movie and clutching her ear crying about how it hurt so bad because evidently she managed to get an ear infection while at her mom's. So I had to run to the store to get some stuff for a home remedy since there really wasn't a need for going to the ER and the doctor's office wouldn't be open until the next day. Then we watched ther est of The Bee Movie and then I went to CVS to fill a prescription and then to the church for my REACH meeting. Then home again fixed some dinner - soup for the sick one and leftovers for Ruben & I. Then I did lots of laundry because Red's mom told her to bring all her clothes to our house so we washed all of them since they were just all in bags and we didn't know what was clean and what wasn't. So now Red has about twice the clothing she used to at least until her mom gets settled in a new place and that clothing goes back over there.

Today Red stayed home from school with the ear infection - a bad one according to the doctor. And I came to work. And Ruben stayed home with Red.

Still to do today:
Laundry (yes there's more!)
Grocery shopping
Figure out what's for dinner & cook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenni said...

I remember taking my oldest boy on a after-school thingy where we all went to the skating rink. He had never skated before. As soon as he put on the skates, and stood up, down he went, smacking his head on the floor, and that was the end of our roller skating adventure. We left immediately. Ahh, good times.