I'm not really a gardening person. I plant flowers...when I think of it. Most of my plants die because I get busy and forget. But for some reason, I'm thinking about planting a vegetable garden this year. I think Red would get a kick out of it. She loves vegetables and I think she's like helping figure out what to plant and she'd probably even help take care of it.
But then again, I know me. And I know how motivated I am to take care of any plant thing that I have outside. Last summer we planted 4 bushes in a rock bed. I completely failed at watering them and at pulling weeds and I'm fairly certain my bushes died. Although I don't really know since I haven't been in my backyard in at least 3 months.
Anyways, I still think having a vegetable garden could be fun. Plus with a vegetable garden there would be a point to all the work. Maybe I'll start with container gardening and put some containers of some sort on the back deck this summer. And if it goes well, and I take care of them. Then next summer I could do a real vegetable garden. And if I don't take care of them...at least I haven't dug up part of our yard. :)
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
vegetable garden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I'm not doing a garden this year, I'm tired of waiting forever for a (small) handful of weak cherry tomatoes. This year, I'm going to Publix for veggies. However, in my (uncalled for) opinion, container gardening is the only way to go. We live in Florida, close to the beach, and there is NO dirt here, only sand. If ya want to put in a garden, you have to line the pit with plastic, and add (expensive,store-bought) dirt and cowdirt, so it doesn't just suck back down into MaEarth. UGGH!
Post a Comment