Well, I woke up this morning at 5:30am-ish to the sound of two cats fighting. Since Reeses (the kitten) and Callie (the big girl) do fight occasionally I bolted out of bed and was attempting to figure out where the cats were when Ruben comes out of the bedroom and says (something like this), "Jenni, it's not ours, it's coming from outside."
So, I went back to bed.
Then I woke up at 8:30-ish to get ready for church. I see the Percy (the boy cat) sitting in our window but neither Reeses or Callie are upstairs. So I just go about my morning, making coffee, getting some stuff done that I needed to take to Sunday School with me. Around 9:50 I decide to crawl back in my bed...not to sleep, just cause I'm like that. Ruben was still sleeping. Percy was still sitting on our window. At about 10am, I realize that Reeses is not laying between Ruben and I like she normally is. And in fact, in the almost an hour and half that I've been up, I hadn't seen either Reeses or Callie.
So, I got up and started traipsing through the house, calling the cats and checking all their normal hiding places. After not finding either of them anywhere, I'm getting a little worried. But seriously, they have to be here somewhere. As I'm walking through the livingroom is occurs to me to check the window sills. We leave one of those windows open and they put like to sit up there. So I pull the curtain back to reveal not a cat, but a HOLE IN THE SCREEN.
At which point I open the door and look outside to see if I can see either of them.
Then I race up the stairs to Ruben and wake him up. I know how much he hates it when I wake him up with bad news, but I have no choice. So I woke him up and he scrambled out of bed and is almost downstairs when he asks, "Where's the boy?" Because the boy is his favorite.
After being assured that his cat is up in our bedroom (by going up and seeing for himself and shutting the door to make sure he doesn't move). We go out and start looking for the two girls.
Now, our cats are all indoor cats. They don't have front claws. They don't wear their tags. We know they should always wear their tags...in case they manage to get out...but ours don't. Well, didn't. Now they will get collars and will wear their tags all the time regardless if they like it.
Anyways back to the story, I had to leave for church. I would've rather stayed home, but in addition to doing my "job", I also had to help with two other jobs at some people are out of town.
By the time I get home at 12:30pm, both cats are still missing.
Ruben has put food out for them in hopes that they will get hungry. He keeps going outside and making a clicking noise that he has taught the boy and the kitten to respond to. And I made up a flier featuring pictures and details of both cats. Just after I print it, Ruben goes out and makes the clicking sound and Reeses comes running into the garage.
Unfortunately, it is now 11pm and Callie is still out there somewhere. We've driven around looking for her. Red and I went around and hung up signs about a missing cat. We still have food sitting out waiting for her. But no Callie so far.
Maybe someone took her in earlier today and haven't seen our signs yet.
Maybe she's just hiding somewhere in the neighborhood and no one is paying attention to her with all the other cats that just get to roam free (they aren't strays, they're just outside cats).
Luckily, we haven't seen smushed Callie anywhere either.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Here Kitty Kitty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment