Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Money sucks...

So, with the new baby coming in January - which I know will be here before I know it - Ruben and I have started getting a little more serious about this whole money management thing.

Money. It sucks right now. Ruben isn't getting paid by workmen's comp because he's at maximum medical improvement for his knee. Now, there is some hope because his shoulders are all messed up thanks to being on crutches for the better part of 2.5 years. So now they have him listed as on no work duty which maybe will mean he starts getting paid again.

Now really, we'd both prefer him to just not be broken anymore and therefore not have to deal with the silly insurance company and be able to actually work a real job. But, since that is not an option at this moment, we are hopeful that maybe just maybe he'll start getting paid again. Because that would be lovely.

We didn't really buy the house we bought intending to forever be an one-income type of family.

Tonight, I (and Ruben?) start attending a Financial Peace University session at the church. Hopefully it will motivate us to find some money (getting rid of unnecessary expenses, sell stuff, whatever). And then maybe, if he does start getting paid, we'll have already learned to live on my paycheck and therefore his can go into savings.

No comments: