Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fun Fall Activities

It's getting to be fall. So it is time for me to start coming up with some fun Fall Activities for Red and I to do.

My first thought was to visit an orchard and pick apples. Doesn't that sound like FUN! Red has been wanting to do that since she read some Nancy Drew book where they did that. Which means now it is up to me to deliver all the fun times. Unfortunately there are a couple of details I did not take into account. One: We live in KS, therefore the closest apple orchard is over 30 minutes away (and it's only open for 2 hrs at a time), the next closest ones are 45 minutes away. Two: Since Red goes to her mom's house every other weekend, and on our weekends are generally full of other things it's hard to find time to drive for 45 minutes (each way) and spend some time there picking apples. Three: Apple season started in August, we're approaching the end of apple season and I can't figure out when I could actually get her to the orchard due to being busy. Which means this might just be a live and learn type of fall and hopefully next year I'll pay a little more attention and go earlier. Also, I don't understand why apple orchards (that supposedly want you to visit according to the reviews) don't have websites.

Another fall activity - going to the pumpkin patch. We're doing this with her girl scout troop so yay for getting that one planned!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ooooo, the pumpkin patch is my favorite! We're doing that tonight. I'm so excited to go.

My Hubby carves the coolest things for us, and pumpkin seeds are the best ever!