Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Reason

This is the reason I have gained 30 lbs so far in my pregnancy. THIRTY! Holy crap that is a lot of weight!


This particular muffin may not be the reason. But this muffin and all of it's muffin buddies. And cookie friends. And cupcakes cousins. And I think you get the point. I've been baking. Lots and lots of stuff. And I really don't have anything to show for it except pictures of everything I have baked...and this huge belly. Of course there is a baby in there too, so it's not all muffins.

Anyways, these are super easy muffins.

Cinnamon Muffins:

Makes 12 muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger together in a medium size bowl.

Mix the egg, milk and oil in another bowl.

Then pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to moisten.

Spoon into greased (or paper lined) muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool up to 5 minutes, then remove from muffin tin to wire rack or wax paper. Then apply topping...

For topping:

2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp butter, melted

Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl (like a custard cup).

Brush the tops of the warm muffins with butter and dip the top of muffin into sugar/cinnamon mixture.

No comments: